With warmer weather and more school breaks right around the corner, many parents are not completely sure of how to make sure their little ones are thriving while they’re working.
To make sure they have a fun and healthy break, just follow these easy tips!
- Ensure they drink AT LEAST 6 to 8 glasses of water per day (48-64 ounces) in order to keep them hydrated and make sure their body is functioning well.
- When in the sun use sunscreen, hats, and sunglasses to protect their skin and eyes from harm.
- Limit sodas and other sugary drinks to one or less per day. These dehydrate and contribute to obesity and other health conditions that make life less fun.
- Don’t swim in bodies of water that you can’t see the bottom of and always watch your children while they’re swimming. Even very experienced swimmers have drowned with people not paying attention while they’re nearby.
- Get regular check-ups to catch any underlying conditions that could be dangerous!
- Have them do one hour (or more) of strenuous activity each day to keep their hearts in great shape. This can be: running;; playing soccer; jumping on a trampoline; actively swimming; playing outside.
- Eat balanced meals with each breakfast, lunch, and dinner containing some fruits and even more vegetables.
Every parent is doing their best to make sure their children are living the best life possible, but we all need some guidance from time to time. Follow these tips to keep your little ones as healthy as can be through the school breaks and in the future.
When it’s time for their annual check-up or they get the scrapes and bruises that are inevitable with them playing outside, make sure to give your nearest Clinica San Miguel a call and let us fix them up!
We have fantastic options for families of all kinds and will make sure you leave feeling even better than when you came.
Clinica San Miguel: The Family Clinic That Treats You Like Family!